Coronavirus affecting flights to Singapore or Hong Kong?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tursiops

Marine Scientist and Master Instructor (retired)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Any word of travel issues flying to Indonesia or Philippines through Singapore or Hong Kong?

"through" is not clear but if you put a foot in HK, Philippines will quarantine you.

No problems into Bali, just direct flights from China affected at this time. Although there will be screening on arrival.

Any word of travel issues flying to Indonesia or Philippines through Singapore or Hong Kong?
We flew from Manado to London via Singapore at the weekend. Certainly no issues going that way and people were still arriving in Manado from Singapore while we were there. At Changi, the only problems seemed to be flights to/from China.

Malaysia has a number of cases. I believe most are Chinese nationals who entered Malaysia from Singapore. However one is a Malaysia national who appears to have contracted the virus at a conference in Singapore from Chinese nationals.

I think Singapore has some twenty odd cases all of whom, I believe, are Chinese nationals. On a per capita basis, this is very high due to Singapore’s small population.

May be best to avoid both HK and Singapore if you can.

I have an indo trip with a 24 hour layover in Singapore in April so watching closely. Some airlines (at least one) are starting to offer free cancellations.

finally pulled the trigger to go to Indo and this happens. Not much to do but wait

"through" is not clear but if you put a foot in HK, Philippines will quarantine you.
Philippines ONLY quarantine their own national.
Anyone arriving from china, Hong Kong and Macau would NOT be allowed to stay. Actually all flights from these three places have been suspended until further notice.

If you are going to Philippines then avoid via china, HK and Macau at any cost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom