Coron Wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

F UNit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi PPD'ers

Just a question about Coron.

What's the easiest way to get to the wrecks down there? From reading old threads it looks like Sangat Island is the place to be right?

From HK I can fly to Manila & Cebu really cheaply with Cebu Pacific - is it easiest to fly to Manila then ferry down there?

Cheers folks,
F

there is a plane as well going to the island for about USD 118 from Manila. sangat is at the other side of busuanga. you want to be in coron town. the plane lands in busuanga town itself and there is public transportation from the airstrip to coron town.. you will love the scenic but dusty ride..

Ferry is only during friday's and the plane during tuesday and thursday.

cheers mate - now I just need the money to get there....

Axua:
there is a plane as well going to the island for about USD 118 from Manila. sangat is at the other side of busuanga. you want to be in coron town. the plane lands in busuanga town itself and there is public transportation from the airstrip to coron town.. you will love the scenic but dusty ride..

Ferry is only during friday's and the plane during tuesday and thursday.

Carefull with the plane. It is a smaller propeller craft. There is a limited baggage weight and depending on how many divers are going there they may not be able to take all of the luggage on that flight. I didn't have any problem as I was the only diver when I flew from Manila. Have fun the wrecks are great. I stayed 7 days and dove some of them 2-3 times.

you can as well take the super ferry from manila. it's an overnight trip, about 10 hours. the round trip fare is about half the cost than flying. it's really enjoyable if you have a big group! :D

Wrecks are nice although about 1 hour 45 minutes away from coron town. This is good place to stay in for divers, lodging is really cheap while dives are 2200/2dives.

http://www.seadiveresort.com/home.html

Bring a flashlight so you won't have to rent. Wrecks can be penetrated, decision of course is with the DM.

BTW, these wrecks are deep blue entries

Have fun

Thanks for all the replies guys - sad thing is I was hoping to go to Coron in December but I don't think I can get enough time off work now to make it worthwhile :(

Think I might just jet over to Subic to hit the wrecks there for a long weekend instead...

Back
Top Bottom