coral star, panama anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

docmartin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
has anyone been on the coral star liveaboard in panama? they claim it is "adventure diving at its best". they cater to anglers, too. how does that work with fishing and diving on the same boat? do they take you to the best fishing or the best dive spots which may not be the same? any input from those who've been there would be very helpful.
thanks,
m

docmartin once bubbled...
has anyone been on the coral star liveaboard in panama? they claim it is "adventure diving at its best". they cater to anglers, too. how does that work with fishing and diving on the same boat? do they take you to the best fishing or the best dive spots which may not be the same? any input from those who've been there would be very helpful.
thanks,
m

Been diving off the Coral Star, but not fishing. It's a luxurious liveaboard offering interesting diving.

Contact John at reefrunner@jobe.net. Tell him I sent you.

He did a trip with them a while back and in part reported: "... some of it was awesome, but some of it was troublesome. The worst problem was that the ship had contracted 10 divers and four fishermen. Needless to say, the combo doesn't mix. The first half of the trip we were in the great fishing grounds where the fishermen were catching up to 10 or 12 sailfish per day, but the diving SUCKED. Then we moved to where the diving was good, but the fishing SUCKED. It ended up being a half trip for each party. I am in the process of contacting the Coral Star people and will report of how they intend to rectify the situation."

Hope this helps.

DocVikingo

Yea, no surprises there. It's a mix looking for a place to explode.

Best of luck.

DocVikingo

How are you?
Reefrunner Divers is also on the Caribbean. They were having a rough time. It was sold to three americans who promptly messed it up.
I'm the old owner and I've just taken it back 2 weeks ago.
We're a PADI shop (#19897) again and doing things right!
We're also a Costa Rica ICT member...

Check out our website - Welcome to Reefrunner Divers - PADI SCUBA Diving in Costa Rica on the Caribbean Coast Based in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Limon - Welcome Cruise Ship Passengers From Limon

We're located in Puerto Viejo, South of Limon and Cahuita.

Our cell phone is 011.506.8329.7850

All of our dives are reef dives and the water is always 80 degrees!
give me a shout!

Back
Top Bottom