Coral Spawn 8-9 Sept???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carbomb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been trying to find info on the Coral Spawn in Belize, using the moon charts it looks like it will occur around 8-9 Sept. Does anyone on the SB have differing information? I have been in Curacao for this event and it is a great night diving adventure.

Hmmmm..... August?

Last year it was the week after the August Full Moon. I remember diving diving off the East side of Turneffe and the water column was full of what appeared to be suspended chunks of mucus. On closer inspection we noticed the hard corals, mainly brain and star spawning. This was late in the afternoon. I have not been diving recently but have not received any reports of any spawning yet. To be honest I have been so busy recently I have not even checked with any of the other dive centers on this year's dates. Got some calls to make now.

HP, I am attaching a chart that shows the coral spawning based on types. It comes from STINAPA in Bonaire. Enjoy, Carbomb

Attachments

• coral_spawning2009.pdf
    15.4 KB · Views: 68
Cool,

Thanx 4 this info. Will definitely use it as reference material this month. The Full moon is almost here. I was out at Sergeant's Caye today, the water was murky but no sign of spawning yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom