Copyrighting your images - A complete guide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivePhotoGuide

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys - just thought I'd post a link to this guide we just put up for all photographers amateur or professional, about copyrighting your images. Too many photographers don't register their copyrights, and this article will give you the complete scoop on how to do it and what it's all about. Enjoy!

911243473.jpg

Complete article here.

Very good article, I think this is a must read for all of us photographers.

Thanks Mike. We had so many inquiries about this issue that I had to write the article.

If anyone has specific questions or additions, please add them as comments to the article so I can answer them and everyone reading can see the answers, thanks!

That is a good simple article. Thanks for posting that. I usually put the symbol on any of my posted pictures but have been asked many times if it really menas anything. Here is the answer. Thanks again

Just a couple comments:
IMO you should make it clear(er) that the rules cited apply to the US and other countries may have different rules. Considering that ScubaBoard has more then the US it would be good to clarify that point.

I found point 4 about copyright notices a little misleading. The copyright notice isn't required for either registered or unregistered works. It can be used with either registered or unregistered works.

As a programmer I feel your plight over copyright infringement. I'm glad to see someone taking the effort to educate others.

Back
Top Bottom