Cootwo sensor replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaseadee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
All
I’m headed on a liveaboard and I went to the divenav website to find out how to get the sensors on my cootwo replaced, but they seem to be no longer in business. Am I SOL or can I replace the sensors myself? I can handle basic electronics, solder etc if necessary.

@seaseadee see the other thread.
This is the model number of the sensor that's in there. They come from the UK and I haven't found a US distributor or stocking dealer. They are a simple pin connector so no electronics skills required. You will however need the bumpgas to calibrate.
S+4 2ECOH

I changed mine out. It is very simple to do. For the CO sensor you need to get a bump gas at @tbone1004 said. I think i paid $15 or so for one and a propane torch tip fits right on. It will last you a lifetime.

CiTicel A02 PTB-18.10 Oxygen sensor

The thread links to the CO and O2 sensors I got, that work fine, and were less than other sources. You can open it up and just buy the same part numbers for the O2 and CO sensors in it from various places too but they are a but more $$.

Am I correct in assuming that the bump gas is only for calibrating the CO sensor? I just use air to calibrate the O2 sensor?

Am I correct in assuming that the bump gas is only for calibrating the CO sensor? I just use air to calibrate the O2 sensor?
yes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom