Cootwo Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi All

I was wondering whether anyone has the Cootwo in Australia (Queensland) and if so how do they do the yearly CO analysis - do you have a bump gas (and if so where did you purchase it) or do you send it somewhere.

I think I got culled by the DiveNav spam filter as didn't get a response directly from them to see what their after service support was in Australia.

Thanks for your help
Hannah

Hi All

I was wondering whether anyone has the Cootwo in Australia (Queensland) and if so how do they do the yearly CO analysis - do you have a bump gas (and if so where did you purchase it) or do you send it somewhere.

I think I got culled by the DiveNav spam filter as didn't get a response directly from them to see what their after service support was in Australia.

Thanks for your help
Hannah
Hi,
we recently got an email from someone in Australia asking a similar question and we responded to it. Maybe was you?
Anyway, by just doing a quick research on google we could find several companies in Australia selling calibration gasses.
Also, you might want to check with your local dive store as they might have access to some local vendor too.

Thanks for the reply
I'll trawl my junk mail folder again as it has probably ended up there and I missed your reply.

Found it and sent a reply. :)

Not too much at the moment. I have sent a couple of e-mails to some companies and i'm awaiting their reply. I might have to ring them.

I suspect we'll purchase a bump gas from the US and have it shipped over. Looks like it'll be approx $100 ($30 for the bump gas and $70 for shipping). Does anyone know how many years / times you can use a bump gas for?

One place where you can buy calibration gas in USA is CalGas --> CO 20 ppm calibration gas
Tried to order from these guys, order was cancelled. Shipping policy:
All products must be shipped within the Continental United States, Cal Gas Direct Inc does not ship Internationally including Canada.
And the now that the CO needs calibration I cant even use the device for O2 analysis. What a functional limitation. I should have done more research on calibration and function, but I don't think it is stated in any documentation. Send back to US each year is expensive and takes time, so I need a second analyser. If I had have known these things I would not have bought the product.

Hi Tbar
I am in same situation as you, only that I live in Switzerland.
Besides the complex CO2 calibration it was really annoying that the IOs App doesn't work after calibration expiration. But at least you can use the CooTwo as a standalone O2 analyzer.

For me it seems the cheapest and easiest way to buy a new calibrated sensor.

@DiveNav
When I buy a new CO2 Sensor from your Website, does it comes already calibrated? Can I just replace the old one and thats it? Or do I have to calibrate the hole CooTwo after replacement?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom