Coolpix 4300 - First Time Use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sean63

New
Reaction score
Have just purchased the CP-4 Pro Housing and the Red Filter for this housing on a visit to the US. Can't wait to use it on our trip to the Maldives in April.

Can anyone gve me any tips as to when to use the filter, all of the time, sometimes depending on depth ?

Have been reading the previous posts re the coolpix 4300 and have been experimenting with the settings at home, both in auto and macro mode. I'm having problems in macro mode trying to get the flash on all the time. Any tips on setting this on would be very useful. Tried the flash button but it doesn't seem to have any effect (maybe it is working but I just can't see it !!!)

Thanks,

Sean

I have the 4300. I'll check on the flash issue. My advise would be to set the camera with the flash on and then select the macro mode on the button to the left. That should make the flash fire each time.

My concern is that the red filter is probably not for macro use. You are better off using it for diver portraits, etc. If you are still in the US you can buy the wide angle/macro lens kit at B&H for about $150.

Set the Flash to fire for each shot before you start a dive by pressing the button with a lightning sign (below your LCD) until you get the lightning sign in your right corner. Use it for every dive. It may consume some extra battery power but will make your photos much better. Alos, glue that small transparent tape in front of the flash light - it will serve as a diffuser and reduce the noise.

Manipulate to macro or normal mode when underwater. To avoid shadow that appears in the bottom left corner when shooting macro (flash fires onto the housing), use a bit of zoom and the problem will disappear. Set the zoom just above minimum before you descend, so you don't have to think about it downthere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom