Cool Pics From Mala Pier MAUI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve Eady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
222000B0-893D-4ECC-907B-E73BA32FBF28.jpeg
85CF4868-98E8-4F91-8BDE-CA0DFC1EECED.jpeg
There’s been some GREAT diving at Mala Pier lately. Here are a few cool pics we took.

Mahalo
Scuba Steve
Maui Dive Connection

Mala Wharf in my opinion is one of the best dives that you can do on Maui! If conditions permit and you are a critter junky it is simply awesome! Frogfish, nudibranchs, sponge crabs, turtles, commonly encountered reef sharks, octopus, etc... It's also a shallow dive that lends itself to ensured long bottom times. It's best with a guide for sure unless you a very experienced diver. Entry is not easy from shore but doable for experienced and properly equipped divers. A dive flag is a must! Entry needs to be from very specific spots as well.

Anyone diving Maui in my humble opinion should strongly consider some of the wonderful shore diving there!! Some of the sites from shore can rival sites seen from the boat.

Great frog pic!!!! Happy diving to all!

Cheers
A

very cool...thanks for sharing the photos and the information.

I think Mala is one of the best shore dives on Maui. Small area to explore but so much to see.
Mahalo
Scuba Steve
Mauidiveconnection.com

you know, we bring the big boat from Oahu about once a year for an interisland trip, and the 3rd dive of the day on Maui is usually the Carthaginian, but I'm thinking we should switch to that pier. I have only ever heard good things.

What ever happened to Hawaii Scuba University?

White tip cruzing around.
Scuba Steve

Attachments

• C1B4A343-05D3-4611-828C-213A405C2CA0.jpeg
    C1B4A343-05D3-4611-828C-213A405C2CA0.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 81
Thanks for recommending Mala. Took my daughter there and saw sleeping reef sharks and her favorite, turtles. There’s a cleaning station near the end of the wharf debris field at around 15’. We lost count because they just kept coming in. Get there early; we were there at 8 am and there was no parking close by. Out by 9:30 am and larger groups of scuba divers, snorkelers, and spear fishers going out. I’m not sure if that’s a great combo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom