Cool Drysuit Opportunity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divedoggie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Here is a heads up to anyone who has been considering the possibility of becoming a drysuit diver! We have created an opportunity to get a nice new drysuit, a drysuit specialty certification with classroom and pool session, 6 supervised dives, and 2 nights lodging for a super great price.
Drysuit Diving Special

Check our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ColoradoScubaDivingAcademy

Looking back at my diving career, I have to say the single piece of equipment which had the most impact on my overall diving experience is a drysuit. It is incredibly empowering as a diver to have the option to comfortably dive locally.

Suddenly venues around the entire world opened for my diving enjoyment. The Great Lakes, the Pacific Northwest, California coast, local reservoirs and mountain lakes became just as enjoyable to dive as the tropics!

Please check the info out and let me know if you have questions or interest!

Reactions: g2
That looks like a good deal I'd be on it if I didn't already have one. But I may be in touch to try to go diving in Santa Rosa I've been trying to get to rock lake.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's definitely a great deal. It's a nice suit, a course, and a fun weekend of diving... all for the price of a suit!

That looks like a good deal I'd be on it if I didn't already have one. But I may be in touch to try to go diving in Santa Rosa I've been trying to get to rock lake.

If it were easy PADI would be teaching it.

You have me a little confused on both points.

Rock Lake is obtainable, and I will be announcing a potential trip later today.

I don't understand the gratuitous attack on PADI, either. Are you saying that PADI does not teach dry suit diving?

Well good afternoon to you too.

"If it were easy PADI would be teaching it." Is just my signature line and wasnt meant to offend and I know that PADI offers a drysuit class especially since it was used as a reason to kick me out of another PADI class but that is neither here nor there and If I have somehow offended you I apologize.

I just havent been able to get into rock lake yet since it seems to be more available to diveshops or others in the know of the owner. The last time we made an attempt to go our official dive shop group leader stood me up so I dove Perch and Blue Hole instead.

Last edited:
Here is a heads up to anyone who has been considering the possibility of becoming a drysuit diver! We have created an opportunity to get a nice new drysuit, a drysuit specialty certification with classroom and pool session, 6 supervised dives, and 2 nights lodging for a super great price.

If I wasn't already an active drysuit diver I'd be all over this. Like you said, going dry has opened up whole new worlds of diving!

PS - If you know anybody doing ice diving this winter, please let me know!

I just havent been able to get into rock lake yet since it seems to be more available to diveshops or others in the know of the owner.

The owner is very protective of the site. It is only open to specific, identified instructors she feels will be safe with the divers and protective of the environment, some of which is fragile and in need of protection. Liability insurance has to meet her standards. No one else can dive there without being under the supervisory responsibility of one of those instructors.

g2:
If I wasn't already an active drysuit diver I'd be all over this. Like you said, going dry has opened up whole new worlds of diving!

I'll definitely keep my ears open about ice diving

Every time I go to Blue Hole, especially in December, I've spoken with people about diving dry. I met one guy who brought 3 7mm suits and wore a new one for each dive. The reasons people weren't diving dry was time and money. My business partner and I decided to address that issue! If anyone has been waiting for the right time to immerse themselves in the world of drysuit diving, the time is now! :)

g2:

We go ice diving every year over here in UT. We often have out of state groups come join us...
https://facebook.com/events/1412010965705066

Sent from my rebreather using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom