Cool and pro places for DM training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raskous

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey all
I might be out of job in a month or so, so i figured it would be the one opportunity i was waiting for to travel around and dive until i die.

With that in mind i was considering doing a DM training (internship or not), somewhere in asia.
I'm not looking for one of those free ones, basically what i'm looking for is:

- Nice relaxed place (remote beach or island, not something like pattaya or phuket)
- Excellent diving (dare i say something like raja ampat or sipadan)
- Qualified and professional instructors (i don't care about the DM license per se, i'm looking for actual skills teaching)
- Cheap is better
- Duration doesn't really matter
- As many dives as possible

I'm really not doing this to get a job or to show off with my DM card, my goal is to get some professional training and get my skills to a higher level, while being in a paradise-like place and enjoying...

So if you guys know any place like that, somewhere in Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia... wherever in asia (or even out of asia) I'd be interested to know about it.
Also if you have some experience to share about your DM training (good or bad) i'd also appreciate

Btw my level is SSI advanced adventurer, 25+ dives in philippines and australia

Thanks a lot
Chris

I also don't mind moving around (better actually) like doing rescue in one place and dm in another
The more i see (and different experience I get) the better

Limited training options but a good preparation for one part of the DM job (guiding) would be on a liveaboard, e.g. to Similans etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom