Converting liters to cubic feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is always resistance to change. I can easily understand why completely changing over from one measurement system to another sounds extremely complicated and frightening. There would be so much to change over in building, manufacturing and so on. There would surely be all kinds of mishaps and misunderstandings, some of which could be very costly and some even deadly.

Having to do conversions is a pain in the a** and can also lead to costly and dangerous mistakes being made.

I suppose we'll just have to keep going like before for now. Maybe there will be a a change in the future. Until then, I'll just have to have that second set of wrenches that have whacky markings like 3/8 or 1/2 on them. 😂

There is always resistance to change. I can easily understand why completely changing over from one measurement system to another sounds extremely complicated and frightening. There would be so much to change over in building, manufacturing and so on. There would surely be all kinds of mishaps and misunderstandings, some of which could be very costly and some even deadly.

Having to do conversions is a pain in the a** and can also lead to costly and dangerous mistakes being made.

I suppose we'll just have to keep going like before for now. Maybe there will be a a change in the future. Until then, I'll just have to have that second set of wrenches that have whacky markings like 3/8 or 1/2 on them. 😂

Don't forget that Americans can't handle conversions too well, remember the space shuttle Challenger.

My point was less about using wether meters or feet was a base unit. I am more worried about defining a volume based on a compressible gas and at a specific pressure, but just stating THIS is the volume.
Doing so, you mix unnecessarily various independent units, but not even mention this dependence/assumption.

Thats a far more critical thing than missing a conversion factor for feet to meter or bar to psi.

We would have to change all our football fields; and I mean football, not that soccer game you all play...LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom