Converting Delta IV FDX10 to DIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lenaxia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there a way to convert the 1st stage of this to a DIN or switch back and forth? While maintaining the DVT

I had three FDX10s converted to DIN last year. During the conversion the technician sheared off the DIN core retainer at the o-ring groove so they replace all three core retainers. The three regulators proceeded to loosen the DIN core, destroying the o-ring in the process and depositing o-ring rubber in the filter cone. They were reserviced and held together till 2011. In 2011, I had the three regulators serviced again and all three have failed again with the same problem. I called the service guy that the Reginal Director told me to; he was going to talk to the Engineering Department and call back with a solution. He never did and I intend to agressively persue a remedy. I did some research on the Oceanic DIN adapter and found that it is significantly different, and quite inferior to, other DIN connection designs. The Oceanic is a two piece barrel; the top piece loosens and allows the handwheel to come off as well as water to get into the first stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom