Converting console to bungie mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HungoverDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have the opportunity to buy a oceanic veo100 computer that is part of console with spg. I already have a ProPlus 2.1 that has built in SPG, so I just want to keep this new as wrist bungie mounted computer. How easy is it to pop the computer out of the console and where can I get/make a bungie mount?

AFAIK there is no bungee mount made for this computer. You'll need to make one. I'd imagine you'd need to buy a rubber wrist mount strap and then, if possible, modify strap somehow to accept bungee. I'm sure with a bit of ingenuity it could be done, most things can. It will pop out of console, shouldn't be too difficult. The computer is a "standard" puck type so am pretty sure if you don't want to spend $$$ on OEM mount you could buy a generic one. Scubatoys used to sell them, I'm sure finding one wouldn't be too difficult. Good luck.

---------- Post added May 5th, 2014 at 03:45 AM ----------

Just did some searching and although not made specifically for the VEO looks like someone has managed to use one with a VEO. Maybe you could ask them for more details.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/deep-sea-supply/389592-there-oceanic-veo-180nx-bungie-mount.html

---------- Post added May 5th, 2014 at 03:48 AM ----------

Just a thought if your console also has compass you may need to remove compass first.

It will pop out of console, shouldn't be too difficult.

This is really YMMV. I tried to pop out an Oceanic SPG once and the face came off. Another time on a computer it just popped out with out a fuss. Sometimes it helps to soak the boot in hot water to soften the rubber an alternative is to use a hair dryer to heat the rubber a bit. If all else fails you can use a utility knife to CAREFULLY cut the gauge out of the boot. I have done this on some older Scubapro boots.

This is really YMMV. I tried to pop out an Oceanic SPG once and the face came off. Another time on a computer it just popped out with out a fuss. Sometimes it helps to soak the boot in hot water to soften the rubber an alternative is to use a hair dryer to heat the rubber a bit. If all else fails you can use a utility knife to CAREFULLY cut the gauge out of the boot. I have done this on some older Scubapro boots.

True, the more rubbery consoles are much easier than the plastic ones. The old US divers consoles were very easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom