Convertible wet suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has any one ever seen a wet suit that will convert to a shorty from a full arm/leg configuration. I ask, because I find that when I go tidy bowl diving, I sometimes find the water a bit chilly,(76/77 degrees) Especially if I am diving four or five times a day I get cold soaked. I have taken to packing both a full length 3 mil suit, as well as my favorite shorty. But this year my wife needs a new suit anyway, and I have added a bit more ballast over the years, so I am thnking about splurging for a new suit for both of us, but the way it is now, that would mean buying two separate suits for me. I would like to find one with removable legs, like velcro seams or something, but I have never seen this before.

I had some customers that were trying market a suit that had removable arms and legs. They had built a prototype and had patents. Last I heard they were showing the design around DEMA a few years back. I don't know what came of it. The word that got from some of the wetsuit companies was that it would be too expensive to build.

never seen anything like that. I can just imagine the dents such a thing would leave in your arms and legs at the seams.

Back
Top Bottom