Convert yoke to DIN? X-5 1st stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kev Skellern

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi,

I have a Yoke X-5 first stage which I have had for many years and are very happy with it. I have started using (and teaching) sidemount and brought a new set of regs, but I would like to use my ol' faithful X-5. Is it possible to purchase a conversion kit to change it from a yoke to a DIN as I use DIN tanks for the course?

Thanks for any help you can provide

Kevin (Thailand)

Kevin,

I waited to see if anyone would chime in, but here is my 2 cents. Although I have not done this on a Seac regulator I have done this on other brands due to customer requests. When you bring your regulator in for its annual service have them order the parts that will make it a DIN, this way they can take it apart for the servce as a yoke and put it back together as a DIN when the service is completed. Anyone that is certified to work on regulators and is a Seac dealer has access to the parts. If needed I can supply you with the part numbers. We have not charged any extra for this since we completely take a reg apart during th annual service, just charged for the extra DIN parts. Hope this helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom