Convert DNG into Jpegs in Lightroom 3:4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Guys,
As the heading says I would like to learn how to convert DNG's into Jpegs while in the 'Develop' stage of Lightroom 3:4?
I import my raw files into Lightroom as DNG's and then after a small amount of development work I want to save them into a seperate 'gallery' as Jpegs and for some reason, I can't find a way to do this?
Any help would be much appreciated. . .
Bruce

Thanks John,
I will have a good read of it tomorrow. I actually keep a 'gallaery' of all my finished images seperately from Lightroom as a Jpeg source and a back-up if ever needed. It's only when I shoot underwater that I actually shoot and import with RAW images, all my other stuff I just shoot and import/store as Jpegs. So I really need them as Jpegs as that is what I have stored in the files from previously being imported/converted by Photoshop Elements software.
Thanks for your assistance.

the way that LR works is to never convert or change the raw data from an imported photo. What you do in LR as John pointed out is to make whatever changes you want to your raw or DNG files. Then select all the files you want to keep in your gallery (lets call it gallery 1) then export the files you edited to gallery 1. In the export dialog you get all sorts of options (sizes, etc.) so work through exactly what you want. Your LR gallery will not be affected but now you will have the photos as JPEG in Gallery 1.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom