Converse All-Stars (Chuck’s) for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hroark2112

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've been meaning to try a pair of Chucks for diving, I’ve seen a bunch of people saying they use them. So I picked up a pair for Tek week.

What, if anything, are you guys using to pre-treat them before diving? I’d like them to last so if I can do anything to help that, I’ll do it!! Here’s a pic :) I figured I’d get my name on them to help prevent them from becoming victims to the horrible crime on the island.

upload_2018-9-20_10-59-3.jpeg

upload_2018-9-20_10-59-49.jpeg

I never did a thing to mine except wear them. They are now on their last dives, but that was after hundreds of dives.

Awesome, you should get some kind of award.

@hroark2112 Replace the laces with Lock Laces or something similar. For me, the regular laces came undone almost every time during dives. Regular thin bungee cord works too if you have a few feet lying around.
Hi tops were a good choice as they give some protection from spring straps chewing up your Achilles tendon.

@Sh0rtBus Stiff soles that work well with stiff fins, walking around on rocky shores, cheaper than comparable neoprene booties, more comfortable (for me, anyway), dry out way quicker than neoprene, ...

@hroark2112 Replace the laces with Lock Laces or something similar. For me, the regular laces came undone almost every time during dives. Regular thin bungee cord works too if you have a few feet lying around.
Hi tops were a good choice as they give some protection from spring straps chewing up your Achilles tendon.

@Sh0rtBus Stiff soles that work well with stiff fins, walking around on rocky shores, cheaper than comparable neoprene booties, more comfortable (for me, anyway), dry out way quicker than neoprene, ...
They dry faster? I'm assuming you wear some sort of sock with them? Like dive socks?

Mine have neoprene uppers and stainless grommets, plus drain holes. I put orange laces on them to match my Deep 6 fins. I get total envy, and they are comfortable.
20180920_124550-567x717.jpg
20180920_124624-567x839.jpg

Yeah, they take a while to dry.
I wear them with lycra dive socks. Orange ones!

Doing it over I'd have wanted to reinforce where the spring strap wears every time you remove them.

Otherwise, bought mine used for a buck. Put ~200 dives on them... then realized perpetually cold feet wasn't the best dive state. Discovered neoprene (late to the party)

Cameron

Back
Top Bottom