Continuous blending questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi there,
First-time poster here, hope you can help! :)

I'm looking into setting up a continuous blending rig to use with a permanent 10cfm and a portable 5 and 3 cfm compressors.

I've read the Oxyhacker guide (great stuff!) and think this could work for me but I would love to hear what other shave experienced with this method. I would be particularly interested if people have done it on compressors with or without a thrid stage filter and "clean air".

How about accurate flow rate control in the range of 60 litres per minute?

Are there any issues with the fill whips the compressor has fitted to it? Should they be bleed-screw type as opposed to lever-type depressurization ones?

Any other advise or comment happily taken on board.

Cheers,
Underwaterbear

not to put you off... but it would be of benefit for you to do a search using this phrase: continuous AND blending.

You will find informative posts and even a picture or two.

After reading the stuff in the archives come on back here and post your specific questions.

Why did I just KNOW I'd find UP responding to this question! :)

UWB, welcome to the file, and follow the advice that UP gave you for a search. There's lots of information already in here, and you'll only get a shadow of it if you rely on this one note for information.

Roak

Thanks guys,

Actually, just after I posted I thought to myself: "Hmm...there must be an archive around here someplace...."

Lots of great info, thanks. I'll be back for more later!

UWB

Air cleanliness is pretty much irrelevant to the continuous mixing process since all the bad stuff that could possibly happen is going to happen in the compressor itself long before the gas sees the filter stacks.

Flow rate is pretty much irrelevant because one normally will be doing the mix according to the analyzer not the cfm or lpm. A repeatable method of setting flow is useful just because it speeds up getting the mix where you want it, but accuracy - as opposed to repeatability - just doesn't really matter.

And whips don't enter into it at all.

underwaterbear once bubbled...
I would be particularly interested if people have done it on compressors with or without a thrid stage filter and "clean air".

How about accurate flow rate control in the range of 60 litres per minute?

Are there any issues with the fill whips the compressor has fitted to it? Should they be bleed-screw type as opposed to lever-type depressurization ones?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom