Contacting Moderators/Advisors about Moving Threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlevine

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

How does one reach out to a generic/moderator advisor to suggest moving a thread.

I had e-mailed one moderator off the list about moving a thread that I felt was posted in the wrong forum. The moderator said that in the future I could just use the "Report Post" feature to reach out to the moderators. This suggestion worked in one case. I was about to do it again but I happened to notice that when I clicked "Report Post" that the following text appeared:

"Note: This is only to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting or rude) posts. Please cohttp://www.scubaboard.com/forums/content/ntact a Moderator or Advisor for other issues (questions, thread moving etcetera)."

So...I am getting a mixed message here. What then is the appropriate way to reach out to a moderator/advisor? In my case I am usually speaking about regional forums which don't appear to have designated moderators (unless I missed something).

Thanks!

jsl

I asked the same question long ago, and got the same answer. Apparently using the report post button for maintenance type issues is the most convenient way for mods to manage this type of stuff as it simply throws things into the "stuff to take care of" bucket. So I've been using the report post button for things like that ever since, even though the description implies it's the wrong thing to do. No one has ever told me I shouldn't do it and the stuff I report (mostly dup threads) always get taken care of. It would be helpful if the description were changed to reflect real usage and not scare people away.

You can do it either way. If you PM a given moderator, your issue may not be acted upon until that moderator is on line -- and some of us travel and may be gone for days or longer. If you report the post, it will be taken up by the next moderator to see the report, which would usually be quicker.

I don't thnk anyone has objected to posts being reported for moving threads, even though the warning says not to do that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom