Contacting Facebook... like a real HUMAN at Facebook?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Was recently asked to verify my identity via a code they texted to my mobile phone. Unfortunately I don't have that phone any longer. So now my account is locked, and there's no way to contact anyone to figure out what to do next. The FAQ says I should log into my account and change the phone number... duh!

Anyone know a phone number or live chat where a human answers?I can't even pose the question on their help community since I can't log in.

Take a poll? Being serious for a moment, how about setting up a new account and using that to contact help?

I've run into a similar catch-22 when traveling with my phone. I've set up 2-step verification for most critical things, which means I get a confirmation code sent to my cell# whenever I want to use PayPal, or login to gmail, etc from a new device or browser. Normally it's painless, but in Cozumel last week I replaced the SIM in my unlocked phone with a TelCel SIM so I'd have local calling and data. This puts my regular cell # off-line until I get back. When my credit card payment to the dive shop was declined (by the shop's bank, NOT my bank), I tried to use paypal... oops, no way to get the confirmation code.

In that case I managed to answer some security questions and jump through a few hoops to by-pass the 2-step verification, but it was a PITA. Customer service later told me I should turn off 2-step verification before traveling if my phone (or US cell#) would be inactive. Great, those are some of the times I'd want the tightest security on my payments and identity... (Facebook is the least of my concerns).

Good luck with finding a human contact at Facebook, although this must be a fairly common problem.

There is no way to get a human at Facebook. If they spoke to you, then everyone would want to speak to them. We went through this with Mom's FB account when she lost the password. Just create a new account. I'll friend ya.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom