Considering upgrading, but 2 questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I have a DC600 and am using it with an SL960. I'm considering buying a newer version (DC800, 1000, or 1200), but have 2 questions:

First, I would like to use the SL960 strobe instead of having to buy a new strobe. (The 960 fits my needs quite well.) My question is how to mount the fiber optic cable on the newer versions of the camera. On the DC600 case, the piece that holds the fiber optic cable in front of the flash fits nicely to a flat spot on the housing to the upper left of the lens port. But the pictures I've seen of the DC800, 1000, and 1200 look like there is no flat surface on the housing large enough to fit this cable holder. Is this a problem, or how do you mount the cable?

Second, if I receive a camera as a gift or do not have the original receipt or know where it was purchased, is the warranty still good, as long as I send in the warranty card?

Hello,

First, the cameras all come with there own camera specific Flash Link adapter, so whichever camera you buy, it will be easily connected to your SL960.

With regards to the warranty, Yes, registering the camera will give us a date for the camera warranty which is 1 year from date purchased.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom