Considering a short term move to the Denver area...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTigress

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
My mom keeps trying to get me to move to CO cuz her mom lives out there. I always refuse cuz that'd put me further away from water than I already am. Call me selfish but I just can't stand being dry for too long.

Come to find out her mom isn't doing to well so she really just wants me out there to take care of her for a bit. So, I'll consider a short term (6 months to no longer than a year) move.

My question is where is there to dive in CO? Are the sites good? What's the average viz and temps during the summer? And who wants to go diving? :p

Oh and where are some good LDSs? Guess I should get to know people just in case I make my way out there.

Thanks for the help in advance!

I just did the move out here. There are a number of places to dive here if you are prepared for it. "Most" of it is cold water diving. There are a number or reservoirs here to dive and lots of lakes up in the mountains. I joined the Denver Aquarium as a volunteer diver so I get plenty of diving in there. There are a bunch of people in the Shark Club who get together for dives so you might want to hook up with them. Denver has I think the second largest population of divers in the US so you will be in good company.

I've heard that there are more divers per capita in Colorado than any other state. My guess is that they are mostly vacation divers who don't ski and are trying to get out of the State during the winter! Seriously, residents of Colorado are very into outdoor recreation.

My son and his wife moved to Denver within the last year or so as did my nephew. Both seem to like it a lot there. Both are divers, but haven't done any diving in Colorado yet.

Ugh... Totally can't afford a dry suit right now! Wierd that there's so many divers out there though! Guess I may have to check it out.

And volunteer diving at the aquarium? Hmmm not a bad idea :)

You can totally dive in a 7mm in the summer months in colorado. Most of us head down to New mexico to dive in Santa Rosa, at the Blue Hole. 7mm works there also.

You can rent Dry suits at many of the local dive shops.

There are places to dive in Colorado and New Mexico. :) A lot of divers from the Denver area make frequent trips to New Mexico. The majority of my buddies are in New Mexico and Colorado. Don't let the landlocked state scare you. We find ways to get wet. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom