Considering a Mobby's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving Dave

Reaction score
Hey, my very first post! WooHoo!

Anyway, my LDS has a Mobby's twin shell pro that fits me really well. It's a large, and just about all my measurements fall smack dab in the middle of the measurement ranges on their sizing chart. So, of course, the first thing I do is check for reviews on here and find ... only a very few comments and decidedly mixed opinions. One of the local divemasters says they're terrible, and another says that he really likes them.

So, if you have a Mobby's or have experience with them, what's the story?

Thanks!

Dave

Have great range of motion, you can sew on patches or whatever you like (pockets, etc).... but the suit has a lot of drag. They can also hold a lot of water (between the outer and inner shell), which may not be a problem.

If you are not a hunter..... you may not mind the drag.

The fit makes up for a lot of the downsides.

Depending on what kind of a deal you can get on it..... you may want to consider one of the DUI suits. They are pretty awsome.

I've made about half-a-dozen dives in the twin shell my LDS rents me.

It trims up real nice - better than most. With the velcro tabs on the cuffs, legs and the belt at the waist. The neck zipper is cool, too. This suit is a little tight on me (its a Medium, and my shoulders are too wide and my torso too long) but the legs and arms are good.

What I liked most about it was the stretch panels in the outer suit. Inside of the legs and arms. The inside suit has some stretch, as its the Byutal (?) materal. Putting non stretch cordura over that would be lame...they have those panels that double as flow through for the water. I really, really liked that. Good movement.

Downsides for me: Attached boot was lame - blister city on my ankles and feet. I didn't like the back zip, and because the torso is really a little short, it was a tough to get out of. Getting in was OK - I was just a writhing, thrashing mess trying to get out.

My $02.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom