conshelf se regulator manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Pro Diver 2nd Stage was an SE series second stage....the service instructions can be found in the attached PDF file.

The Conshelf XIV service manual is also attached.

-Z
Hi Zef

Thank You so much.

I need to learn how to attach files here, it would save me time. I need to get onto getting a site where I can just put all my manuals for folk to access. I'm IT challenged🤦‍♂️
Hi Bud

I found a place where You might be able to do it is at Best Cloud File Storage, FTP Backup, File Sharing. Bryan Pennington, has a lot of Manuals stored there and very useful. Hope this helps

There's two problems with that site. First, it's a paid site, so it all goes away if Brian's family stops paying for it. Which brings us to the second problem. Because of the way that site works, Archive.org has the skeleton of the site, but can't archive the actual files. So when it goes, it's truly gone.

When I set up the site for the Mares regs service manuals, I made sure it was archive.org friendly and then went and manually requested the actual PDFs be backed up. For example:

There's two problems with that site. First, it's a paid site, so it all goes away if Brian's family stops paying for it. Which brings us to the second problem. Because of the way that site works, Archive.org has the skeleton of the site, but can't archive the actual files. So when it goes, it's truly gone.

When I set up the site for the Mares regs service manuals, I made sure it was archive.org friendly and then went and manually requested the actual PDFs be backed up. For example:
Good point. You might want to download the entire content now while it is still available.

I have to agree here nearly completely with lowwall, except for one thing - The webarchive is not fail safe either. Websites come and go, they always will, there is no way around it.
Frogkick has come and gone, Bryan has passed, yet someone still keeps the site going, Steve has passed, yet someone still keeps Scubaengineer going, and so on. It is just a matter of time until these sites completely disappear and I have no doubt that even the webarchive will disappear at some stage or "evolve" into something else.
The only way to truly have these things preserved is having them local.

I do have a Nextcloud server setup with more than 8700 schematics and service manuals and 12000 more files diving related. I have no delusion that this will be around for ever. As a matter of fact I factored in that the website, which is linked to the Nextcloud, will go under at some stage. Possibly it will be me pulling the website entirely, just keeping the Nextcloud instance going. This will make it impossible for people to find it, unless they get the details from someone else.

The problem with big databases like this is that it just sucks to have them public facing. People tend to be ***holes and try to download the whole database, which makes the server create a giant zip, potentially crashing it. Even after you have specifically asked them not to do so and told them to contact you if they want the whole thing. Half the time the download of that single file interrupts and people just restart them again and again. This eats up the whole traffic allowance and I either ended up coughing up the extra bandwith, paying out of pocket, or I left the server offline for the rest of the month.
Sometimes a few black sheep spoil it for everyone.

Having the website public facing, exposes the whole thing to the crawlers (No, they do not care about robots.txt's...) and attracting unwanted attention from all sides...
Hence why I put at least the index behind a sign-up.

I have giving people who asked me login details to download the whole database in the past and continue to do so, but I make it crystal clear they must use some like rsync, the nextcloud client or similar to download the files in chunks. This has the added benefit of making it easy to keep up with changes, as they must just run rsync again to download any added files.

I have often gotten the "helpful" suggestions of using OneDrive or Google Drive, but these clients are absolutely useless. The only option is something that one can control themselves, like a Owncloud, Nextcloud, simple FTP server or similar.

As a former librarian, I'm a big believer in making things accessible. That's why I have a public facing site. That's part of the reason I did old-skool html as well. It should keep working as long as the world wide web is a recognizable thing. It also solves your bulk download problem, since you can only grab them one at a time. Maybe not as convenient for the user, but its good enough for my intended audience of individuals who are trying to work on their own regs.

Speaking of access, nothing lasts forever, but archive.org is the best bet for web pages. It was set up (in 1996!) and funded to do exactly that and so far, so good. The only frustration is sites that used stuff like frames and javascripting that made their info uncrawlable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom