Conshelf O-ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Six2Life

Contributor
Reaction score
I did a little searching to determine the size of the tiny oring that seals between the hp seat and balance chamber. This thread contains a post that states a -006 is equivalent but I didn't see any mention of the correct durometer. I'd assume duro 90 but I just wanted to see if anyone had any first hand experience using AS568 orings in a Conshelf.

I just checked a Conshelf kit I bought from VDH and the 006 o-ring in that kit feels about the same as a 006 Viton duro 75 I have in my o-ring stash. I suspect duro 90 may be too hard.

That may explain the problem I'm having with the Conshelf. The oring in it now seems rather hard and I don't think it is sealing properly. When slowly pressing up the reg IP stops for a second at 120 or so (hp seat lockup I believe) and then skyrockets as the tank pressure to the 1st stage increases. I don't think this reg was cared for very well. It looks like it may have ingested some water at some point. I figured I'd be better off spending $50 on this than buying all of the parts to get my last 109 working.

Also, does anyone know a source (or a workaround) for the external rubber seal for the Conshelf Supreme?

Don't forget there is also a back up ring in the balance chamber that goes along with the Oring, you need both.

I have an aqualung kit for it on the way so I should get another backup ring.

Is the backup ring something that is ok to reuse?

IF you can get it out without damaging it, yea but it's usually a pain in the rear to get out. I have a bag of them so I don't bother trying to be easy on it, I worry about the internals of the balance chamber instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom