Connecting to Little Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BDSC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Quick question to anyone who has been to Little Cayman recently. Do you still need to walk out of the airport, turn left, and then walk back in the airport to check in with Cayman Airways?

I didn’t know if things had changed since the renovation and perhaps there was now a hallway or inside walk path to the Cayman Air counter. Not a big deal either way but just curious.

No. You will come out of baggage claim and immediately turn left. It is all indoors now. You will walk past security and Cayman Airways is the first counter you come to. Enjoy!

Thanks Buddy!

Last there in May.
We were able to go through the inside of the airport. Customs, Immigration, baggage, check in for Cayman Express, and going through security took about 1.5 hours on a Saturday. Much better than previous, but I hope you have a long enough layover. If not, Owen Roberts Airport offers a VIP service ( for a price ) whereby an agent greets you at the entrance to immigration and expedites through to check in.

Not a big deal either way but just curious.

We had a recent flight change, lost another few minutes of our GC layover, and were already under your recommended 90 minute minimum. Going to be a bit tight for us on the return trip. Worst case scenario we will spend another day or two in GC. I hear there might be some diving there. :cool:

Last there in May.
We were able to go through the inside of the airport. Customs, Immigration, baggage, check in for Cayman Express, and going through security took about 1.5 hours on a Saturday.

That was on the way in? How was it on the return trip out of the islands?

Was there in June. Airport construction about finished. Pretty warm in waiting area for Cayman airlines. Other areas fine and not crowded. Traveled on Saturdays. Have a great time hard not to

Return from LC to GC is quicker as there is no need to go through customs immigration again. Bags are on the carousel in minutes.
Return check in and security took less than an hour. You can't check bags from LC direct to N America, unfortunately.

Return from LC to GC is quicker as there is no need to go through customs immigration again. Bags are on the carousel in minutes.
Return check in and security took less than an hour. You can't check bags from LC direct to N America, unfortunately.

Just as I remember. Much easier leaving than coming.

You can't check bags from LC direct to N America, unfortunately.

You can check your bags from LC when flying Cayman Airways to the US. We fly to Tampa and do not have to touch our bags on GC.

I can't speak for other airlines, but on Cayman Airways, you can check all the way through.

Back
Top Bottom