Connecting Suunto Gauges with Mares MR12 Axis regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I just got a Suunto Gauges and the Mares Mr12 Axis is in it way. This a gift for my son, so I need some help find it out If I need something to connect them.

Thanks for the help

Juan

Take them back to the shop and have the Shop Technician put them together. They are a life support system and maybe getting instructions over the internet on something like this may be the wrong thing to do.

Ken

Just go to any local diveshop and explain your situation.They will help and you will feel better about it all.You need it connected into a high pressure port.They will know which one.You'll probably have a fee to pay though.
Cheers Big Ears,
The Gasman

Juan

I agree with Gasman. Take it to someone who knows what they are doing. The cost is well worth it. I would also get in touch with the on-line vendor and ask why they put you in this situation. Your local Dive shop wouldn't have.

Ken

I am the service manager at a local dive shop. I read your first post and thought that I could help you, then I read that you bought it online. Now I realize that you were just trying to save a dollar but you must give a little to get a little. You have purchased life support equipment from some one who will not even assemble it for you. You will probably have to pay (alot) to the dive shop, that you chose not to support, when you crawl in there with your problem.

I am also a repair technition at an lds and I somewhat agree with what he has to say. I disagree in the sense that my lds will not charge much to screw in gauges.

However, this issue has come up so many times on the board I cannot even count. Your lds is where you get training, air fills, (hopefully) fun trips with other divers, etc. If individuals continually buy on the internet, where does that leave your lds? BROKE! Air fills (a general loss leader) training, and in some cases, even repairs (under warranty) just don't cut it.

Just curious, but is that equipment under warranty? I'm betting it's not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom