Connecting Mares AirII to MK25 1st stage regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SULLIVAN2049

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was hoping someone could tell me how to go about attaching the AIRII on a Mares BCD to a ScubaPro MK25? I am just starting out and have the regulator and the BCD is getting inspected but I am not sure what I need to do to get the AIRII attached to the 1st stage. May sound like a stupid question but I really have not got a clue as to how to attach something to the 1st stage. Thx in advance for everyones advice.

John,
LP ports most 1st stage regulators & LP hoses are of a standard size . All's you should have to do is remove the port plug using an appropriately sized allen wrench, screw in the LP inflator hose. Tighten it down a bit with a wrench, but not too much, as it is brass & can break off. If my guess is correct, you then just attach the fitting to the AIRII when you set your gear up. The Aqualung Air Source 3 is the only one I know of right now in which the hose stays attached to the inflator end & the inflator hose itself, comes apart so that the inflator/ alternate air source stays with the regulator instead of the BC. I'll be honest though, I have no experience with Mares products, but most are interchangeable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom