Congrats to the new CPR instructors!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MB

Obi-MB-Kenobi
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Congrats to Simon, Pete, and a bunch of new health & safety instructors. NetDoc & ScubaBoard sponsored an ASHI instructor course this past weekend for the Central FL Boy Scouts in Altamonmte Springs. Six new instructors to teach first aid, CPR, defibrillator use, emergency O2, etc. Nice group of folks ready to teach Scouts, their families, and a bunch of citizens & neighbors. Good stuff!

Aside from the usual compression work on manikins and wrapping one another up as mummies, there was some serious Mexican lunch, sushi, puns, and even a little cool teaching. Brother Simbrooks showed remarkable control and never once put on a Scout bandana or shorts. Anybody looking for a first aid class, or cpr, or... ya gotta a lot of good instructors looking for new ways to spend weekends when the wind is blowing out the diving...

ALSO, ScubaBoard has become an ASHI Training Center. Oh, I know Pete will have a Coming Out of the Closet party one of these days, but in the meantime, the instructors of the ScubaBoard Training Cell are looking to promote citizen responders, and the Chain of Survival!

hey, how come nobody invited me??

wait.. don't answer that :eyebrow:

way to go, guys!

Cool! WTG! Congrats!

Congratulations All!!
I just transferred over to ASHI as well so we've got Florida pretty covered!
Maybe we can convince the SB powers to be to let us post lists of Instructors in the SB ranks????? Would be nice if members went to other members for their instruction ...... Whatcha think?

H2Andy:
hey, how come nobody invited me??

wait.. don't answer that :eyebrow:

way to go, guys!
Well if you wanted to be a mannequin for us, we could have used a stiff like you :wink:

Should be good to get more involved in the scout thing as well as teaching people at my office and renewals around central FL hospital circuit (Christina and her doctor peers need this every so often)... its a start at least :wink:

Now all i need to do is take a rescue class! Slowly but surely this stuff will come together.

A RESCUE class??? You don't nee no steekeeng rescue class!

Renee, that sounds like a great idea. We are working on a directory, and I don't see why we shouldn't include it in there when we release it! :D

The "ScubaBoard Training Center" came into existence this past weekend, so look for classes scattered around the state first. We have set it up to be able to go into other states as well.

simbrooks:
Well if you wanted to be a mannequin for us, we could have used a stiff like you :wink:

QUOTE]

I think I should feel insulted???? or was this supposed to be a compliment? I'm confused!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom