Confused

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To split or not to split that is the question. Me Mares volo power love em, but ya get the price tag.

What was the size of the pair of fin you tried on before? I saw a pair of size M before and they are very small indeed.

Really sorry if Jet Fin would not end up being a choice of yours. I just love it as many out there

You might want to consider Oceanic Vortex V6 is you are interested in full-foot splits. Atomic Aquatics if you are interested in open-heel splits.

Technisub Startos FP for powerful fullfoot fin. Mares Plana Avanti Quattro if you would like a pair of powerful open-heel paddle fin. Aqualung Blade II HF for softer open-heel paddle fins.

I tried a few and have to say I like the feeling of the wide fin kicks cutting through the water. And I do a lot of frog kicks. For this reason, I prefer paddle fins over splits. Split fins works best with shorter and faster kicks. And frog kicks are not effective with split fins.

Anyway, this is just based on my research and experiences. It also depends alot on your leg power and preferences.

Hope this helps.

I tried L and XL jets. I've never seen M size. I prefer shorter paddles for frog. And open-heel. That's why I've thought about tusa. But don't know anybody who has them.
Thanks for help.

Back
Top Bottom