condom caths

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opie712

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok going to go ahead and embrasse myself. Do you put the cath on with your wing dinger standing loud and proud or like a spaghetti noodle. I'm having problem with mine sticking, I'm using Rochester widebands went up a size and also down a size. Half way thru the dive or even before then it becomes harder to pee when the condom has slipped halfway off and the glue has stuck to each other. I've never had one come completely off but a few close calls. I also have really oilly skin and wash and dry "it" before I put one on ans that doesn't help. Anyone got ideas.

Limp. Prep-wipe. Make sure you squeeze the whole thing once it's on to make sure the adhesive is bonded.

Make sure you get the removal wipes too. Once I missed a glue spot with the wipe and glued my junk to my junk for 6 hours. Super awkward.

I don't have a problem getting them off deep breathe grip and rip. Actually its not bad at all but maybe that's why they are coming off. What do you pre wipe with.

Timing is everything and skin oils have a lot to do with it. The later in the day it is the more likely you may need to wipe as mentioned above. For an AM dive I put it on when I am freshly showered and have limited skin oil. I have been OK just putting it on latter in the day as well but YMMV depending on natural oils. If you are sweaty at the time of installation all bets are off. This can be another good reason to just do it at home.

Install it while you are normally flaccid. Size the thing so it goes on with a close/ slight stretch fit. This is not the time to flatter yourself. The silicone Rochester Wide Band can stretch more than you, don't worry, be happy. If yours is so loose that it is able to get back to itself and stick it is way too big.

An occasional shave of the contact area and nearby trim makes life easier.

Align it, make initial contact and roll down. Rub between your palms to get good adhesive contact. Snip about 1/2 of the outlet so it can still accept the barb at the dive site but is not long enough to strangle itself.

Now the most important thing..... When you are doing a test fit and assuming you have done it right do not try to pull it off immediately. It is designed not to come off in use and it will make that very clear to you. However after the the usual 4-6 hours from donning to apres dive your oils will begin you weaken the adhesive and it will peel off with no fuss.

Pete

Ok going to go ahead and embrasse myself. Do you put the cath on with your wing dinger standing loud and proud or like a spaghetti noodle. I'm having problem with mine sticking, I'm using Rochester widebands went up a size and also down a size. Half way thru the dive or even before then it becomes harder to pee when the condom has slipped halfway off and the glue has stuck to each other. I've never had one come completely off but a few close calls. I also have really oilly skin and wash and dry "it" before I put one on ans that doesn't help. Anyone got ideas.

I have found that putting the catheter on immediately after my morning shower works very well and lasts all day until I am ready to take it off.

To reinforce and add to the above - very important that it doesn't stick to itself. Definitely harder to get off if it does.

I have had most success by sticking the catheter on the end of my penis (limp) like a bulls eye, pressing a little so it sticks, then pulling my penis out straight and rolling catheter down full length. If it sticks to itself along the way, you likely have a size too big (not the time for pride here). If it rolls on smooth, easier to stay on well, and come off without too much hassle.

Sorry that this is graphic, but took me many dives and failures to get this technique, and has never failed since.

To reinforce and add to the above - very important that it doesn't stick to itself. Definitely harder to get off if it does.

I have had most success by sticking the catheter on the end of my penis (limp) like a bulls eye, pressing a little so it sticks, then pulling my penis out straight and rolling catheter down full length. If it sticks to itself along the way, you likely have a size too big (not the time for pride here). If it rolls on smooth, easier to stay on well, and come off without too much hassle.

Sorry that this is graphic, but took me many dives and failures to get this technique, and has never failed since.

This is how I do it. What I mean its sticking to itself. After its been put on halfway thru the dive or so it will come half way off and the part that's at the end sticks to its self making a restriction. My wife hooked me up with some wipes from work great things about having a nurse so ill try that in the morning

Another trick is to roll the condom back on itself a little before applying, then roll it down.

BRad

I apply mine upon getting out of the shower in the morning, dry off and roll it on. I then remove it when I get back home/hotel after the day of diving(usually when I go to clean up before dinner and drinks). Oh, be sure all hair is removed(I'll never forget that experience).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom