Conditions in Catalina?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newdiverAZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know what the conditions are sposed to be 1/3/03 thru 1/5/03 at catalina island? Will the island be mobbed for this weekend? Plannin a last minute trip there and am real curious.

Thanx in advance

The conditions were really good. Water temp 58-60, Viz 40-60'. Not very crowded at all. Saw quite a few 25-30 lb sheepshead. tons of the usual garibaldi, a few flounder, and more sea cucumbers than I've ever seen in one place. Surge at the stairs was virtually non-existant, and the seas were almost dead flat.
Didn't get a chance to do any boat dives, but pondering a trip soon with the bottom scratcher out of long beach.

Sounds like the conditions were great. The weathers been so warm the last week - I hope it keeps up :) We're going to Catalina on the 18th on the Bottom Scratcher (Wiley's Scuba Locker Charter) so I'm praying for good weather and calm seas :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom