Trip Report Conditions at FTW (w/video)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
Sunday I made three dives. The first was at Green Bridge and was very surge-y. I was with a newish diver who was having some mask issues and was getting her first dive of the season in. We ended up puttering around the cove looking for tropicals (which we didn’t find).

We decided to give a crack at FTW, which is reliably mediocre. When we arrived one of the instructors told me their were lots of baitfish in the cove and small tuna and cormorants were picking them off while his class sat on the bottom and watched. I didn’t see any tuna, but I did get a glimpse of a cormorant swimming away from me (the video wasn’t very good). We found plenty of stuff to look at (see the video).

I had 1500 psi left in my 120, so I went for a 32 minute solo night dive. A couple people in the know gave me approximate directions on how to find two of the known octopuses. Condition were excellent, but I wasn’t able to find either spot and although pleasant, I didn’t see any of my nocturnal favorites. Someone did report seeing an 18” squid in mid water of the cove☹️ (not me).

nice video of the baitfish and of the tropical!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom