Condensation around p-valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opie

Divemaster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok done my first few dives the other day with my newly installed p-valve. When we finished up i noticed more of what i would call moisture instead of a leak around the area of the valve. Didn't smell of urine so i figured the valve itself wasn't leaking and it wasn't really enough water to constitute a leak in the suit,to have done 3 dives.

SO my question is...does condensation happen around the valve? I was diving in 50 degree water and i was thinking that the warmer discharge and what may be left in the tube could cause this. Am i way out in left field thinking this or should i more diligently hunt for an all out leak? :confused:

Hunt better for a leak.

Is the suit neoprene? Had similar problem.

Solved by removing valve, drying everything, and then coating a narrow ring of neoprene glue (many coats) where the valve compresses the suit. Coat both the inside and out. Be neat about it. The idea is to coat the suit with neoprene glue *suit only* just to fill the pores. Reassemble when the glue is completely dry.

What valve to you have? the Diverite balancing duckbills have a history of weeping if not installed perfectly.

The warmth of discharge would inhibit condensation though I would expect general condenssation in 50F water.

Back
Top Bottom