Conch for a week, or three...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We finally booked a fight for our next FL trip.

We arrive in Orlando on July 20th.

We'll be on the East coast from about July 23rd - July 30th (Ft. Pierce/Boca/Keys).

On the West Coast (likely near St. Pete) for a few days.

And then back East until Aug 10th.

I'd LOVE to meet/dive with some of the Conch's. I have not really ironed out exactly where we will be exactly and when, but plan on diving WPB/Lauderdale/Keys in the east side, and likely will do a day of Gulf diving while over there.

Looked on the Calander, but nothing really scheduled for while we were there.

Cheers, and hope to hook up with some you you'all in July/Aug....

Welcome! We have a pretty good crowd down here in Broward when the weather's good.

Just a suggestion - try to get together in Lauderdale by the Sea or Hollywood for a shore dive day (2 dives possible) by picking a place, date & time and posting under the events/trips subforum.

You'll have to work out your personal logistics, but I can tell you that ScubaJenny for example is almost always up for a weekend morning dive beginning at 8 AM or earlier.

For the second dive, if you wish to do one, people usually show up easily by 11 AM or so.

So, my suggestion would be to "PM" with folks like ScubaJenny and Marvel (the usual instigators lol) about when they might be up for something on a date you'll be around.

And of course if anybody else feels like chipping in, go-fer-it!

It might be worthwhile to get a local motel for the night, since it's a long drive from Ft. Pierce to the Keys... LBTS or Hollywood would be an interim stop for you. Lots to do here, though - might even be more fun than the Keys (the non-diving part, that is).

If you've never been to any of the springs around these parts, then they might be something you'd like. Not as much fish life as a reef, but the vis is always awesome. Something about diving cool, clean, crystal clear water! I pretty sure it's good for the soul. If I'm not tied up at work I'd like to dive with you when your around central florida. IM me if interested. I used to live in Aurora, Colorado's a beautiful state.

Lemme know if you want to do some diving in some of the springs in the Central/North Central part of the state.

hey if ya want i live on the east coast just pm me and tell me were and when and i will see if i can go

Thanks,

The Conch's are allways such an accomodating group!!!

I'll post more in a few days when I get my act together, and nail down our plans.

This is a *family* vacation, and while my wife is great about my wanting to dive, we are moving around a bit while there, and we have not finalize where exactly we can be and when.

I just hope the weather if good for diving when I end up at the places I'd like to dive. :wink:

if you want to try some spring diving, i'd love to join you and Scubafool at
Blue Spring or Paradise Springs (those seem to be the closest to where you
are traveling)

H2Andy:
if you want to try some spring diving, i'd love to join you and Scubafool at
Blue Spring or Paradise Springs (those seem to be the closest to where you
are traveling)

andy if you do that i would love to go if that is cool just give me some dates and i will see if i can work it out.

you're more than welcome, lol!

let's see if some dates pan out

YAY lol, cool ya i cant wait to get some diving in i got 6 dives this weekend alone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom