Conception

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that one didn't, either.

It is a good read, but I'm not clear on where the information stops and the speculation begins.
so it's sort of like every other bit of reporting these days :)

What's wrong with an opinion, especially when it is informed by reading a coroner's report? The facts reported by the author (the trip's organizer's sister) are the missing part hinted at in many early official statements according to which the apparent cause of death was asphyxiation.
Moreover there isn't much in terms of "pure" opinion, beside the statement that Truth Aquatics is doing the right thing to prevent this from happening again. And even that opinion is respectable. The rest, hypotheses, independent pieces information and likely logical connections, are clearly identified. It is a far cry from a newspaper piece edited to attract clicks and ad revenues, and I for one am thankful for this lady's willingness to share her informed understanding of the tragedy.
For the record, the article/opinion was saved: https://web.archive.org/web/2020050...05/01/the-conception-fire-solving-the-puzzle/

What's wrong with an opinion, especially when it is informed by reading a coroner's report? The facts reported by the author (the trip's organizer's sister) are the missing part hinted at in many early official statements according to which the apparent cause of death was asphyxiation.
Moreover there isn't much in terms of "pure" opinion, beside the statement that Truth Aquatics is doing the right thing to prevent this from happening again. And even that opinion is respectable. The rest, hypotheses, independent pieces information and likely logical connections, are clearly identified. It is a far cry from a newspaper piece edited to attract clicks and ad revenues, and I for one am thankful for this lady's willingness to share her informed understanding of the tragedy.
For the record, the article/opinion was saved: The Conception Fire: Solving the Puzzle
I don't disagree with your post, but there are facts and their are opinions, and people tend to get them confused. One has the right to "believe" (i.e., agree with or disagree with) an opinion or not. Facts are not subject to beliefs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom