computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubamedicjoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
ok I just getting back into the sport after being away for a few years when i dove before we used gauges and yes dive tables now it seems every one using computers and not even bothering looking at decomp charts so how many out there use the computers and what kind ect and why also why you use them over convental guages thanks

Hi medic13 and welcome to the board. As technology moves forward computers become more and more a part of our everyday lives. In theory they are supposed to make our life easier. Many divers have turned to computers to relieve themselves of the so-called burden of planing and monitoring their dive. In addition to this many tech’s or those involved in decompression diving, will use computer generated tables to plan their dive. I’m not talking against computers, as I use them on every dive. In fact I use two computers on every dive. I have a gas integrated computer and a wrist mounted back up computer. However I will agree with uncle pug, who will tell you that the best computer you have is between your ears and it should be used on every dive. Computers are a great tool and I do think they make diving more enjoyable, however they are not an excuse for you not to plan your dives. Every diver should be competent in planing and monitoring their dive in absence of a computer………………………Arduous

This is working out nicely....
A little extra effort in the beginning...
Always pays off in the end....

Soon I will be able to sit here on the porch in my rocking chair....
And just post humorous anecdotes & philosophical musings....
Whilst Arduous and the rest of the gang...
Post the stuff that really counts.

:eek:ldguysittinginchaironporchsnoring:

I use a Mares Surveyor Nitrox. It can be used for both Nitrox & regular air. I like it! The reason I got one was to increase my bottom time. It takes into consideration all the depth changes & "credits" you with time for any shallower movements...if that makes sense. Take care....:cheers:

The dive tables should not be dismissed. Nor should common sense and double checking. I always plan the first dive of the day using both my computer and the table to make sure they are in relative agreement. I feel comfortable in most cases with repeated dives to know what group I am at and use this to make sure my computer's next dive plan makes sense to me as well. If in doubt, you can always grab the tables and make sure so you err on the side of caution.

I use my computer to get that credit for varied pofiles like Guam does.

btw-Guam-Are you stationed there in military or a "normal"resident? I spent several years of my youth on Guam when my Dad was posted there (submersibles).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom