Computer Recommendations- Budget under 500

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thebird36

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a trip coming up and I already bought a regulator and looking for a computer right now and I actually already purchased one on ebay and unfortunately it didn't work, got my refund and continuing my search. I've been looking at the oceanic pro plus 2.1 which i found for $430 brand new on ebay. I realize everyone says the shearwater petrel or predator but I really don't have that kind of money at the moment. The main thing is my parents making sure i'm getting good deals and not blowing all of my money. I know this topic can go anywhere but with the budget, hopefully it helps. I just want something that's really good and under 500 also would like user replaceable batteries. I don't have a preference on wrist or hose mount. So this brings me to you guys... What do you recommend?

Last edited:
Subgear XP-10? Can't remember what they are going for. Check with beaverdivers......

would i be able to get one at this price with a built in compass? already wear a dive watch. The subgear is 425 with gauge and compass on leisurepro I would just spend the extra 5 and get the oceanic then.

Just my opinion...

The Hollis DG03 is $175 cheaper then the price you quoted on LiesurePro. For that you could get a bungee mounted compass for $40 and still save $135.

I loaned my compass to an O/W diver yesterday who didn't have one. After he commented about how much he liked the bungee mount.

Dive Right In Scuba has the Dive Rite Nitek Trio for $299 . They come with a digital compass built in. You can also take a look at the Hollis DG02, you can pick them up for under $235. No compass in that one though.
Greetings,
I am new bee on this forum http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/introductions-greets/451465-greetings-now-serious-hobbyist.html

I am in the market for one too. This thing looks like a good deal but it doesnt work with any windoze or Mac 64 bit OS. But even if it did it doesnt help me in any case, as I use Linux.
How many of the dive computers listed here work with Linux opensource software like Subsurface | An open source divelog ? And is there any better application available for Ubuntu?
I didnt see it mentioned but I suppose all these DCs come with a mini usb connector?

Thanks
--P

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom