Computer or Tables or Both?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great idea that would save having to clean the pages of the slate. I carry the primary plan on page one of the slate and the contigency/lost gas plans on the front and back of the other two leaves of the wrist slate.

enlarged.php

3M General Purpose Vinyl Tape

The vinyl tape also comes off quite easily (afterwards) from both wrist slates as well as Wetnotes pages. Be sure to use VINYL tape and not just white duct tape. Even permanent marker will rub off the slick surface of the duct tape. (Though I have used duct tape covered by clear packing tape and that works as well.)

I use the table as a backup, because I have a computer that is designed for technical diving (Shearwater Pursuit). It runs the same algorithm as my dive planning desktop software, but in real time. The table is a square profile, which is rarely the case on a real dive. Ascent rate, descent rate, are all very specific on a dive table. Changing those parameters means you're NOT diving the table....

Oh well that makes sense then. As long as your computer and your desktop are using the same algorithm you can fall back to your tables at whatever depth you happen to be at...

In my case I don't have the fancy toys so I'm stuck doing it the old-fashioned way... :)

R..

I usually run 4 profiles on planning software (planned depth/time, then for 10 feet deeper, then for 5 minutes longer, then for both), and then carry two different dive computers as a backup (one of which is "air only" but has a very aggressive algorithm).

When I am shown as safe to come up on the software plan + both computers (three different algorithms), I come up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom