Compressors sold overseas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbscuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What is your opinion of compressors being sold on Alibaba.com where a number of compressors are listed as new, with manufacturer guarantees and cheap prices?

What is interesting to me is that several listings use my Ebay information verbatim. They even left my typo! One of the listing agents contacted me once for quantity pricing. Now I see what they are doing with it.

I want to advise everyone against the overseas purchase. I reviewed Alibaba.com. I saw tremendous deals on new Airetex and Coltri compressors. These were all form the same vendor in Indonesia. I had sent a number of emails to the vendor and received some replies. The purchase prices quoted were unbelievably low and they asked for a wire transfer before shipping the unit. The next day the listings were no longer
on the website.
I sent more emails with no replies. 4 days later the same pictures of the compressors were up on Alibaba.com. This tme they had a different vendor name but all from Indonesia. I sent similar emails and received similar replies asking for a wire transfer.
I believe this to be a scam scenario. I am trusting a US vendor with guarantees. I have selected Jim Shelden from Shelden Sporting Goods in Kansas. He is reputable, professional, an ex military officer, very knowledgeable and it's made in the USA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom