Compressor id

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daz996

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
8A1BA75F-4F03-4D0B-BC5B-63010A553E65.jpeg

New
Hi guys just hoping someone could I.D this for me looks like a Bauer driven off a 11hp engine, making about 240 lpm at 1400 rpm from a fire station age late 80s ? Just strange looking square stages no id plate or name etc

Hi guys just hoping someone could I.D this for me looks like a Bauer driven off a 11hp engine, making about 240 lpm at 1400 rpm from a fire station age late 80s ? Just strange looking square stages no id plate or name etc

It’s a mako. It may be a Bauer block, but I think it’s a 5404 Compair Reavell block.

It’s a mako. It may be a Bauer block, but I think it’s a 5404 Compair Reavell block.
Sorry, I’m a mako tech and have never seen one quite like that. Blue is not the original color.

Awesome thanks, Now doing a search for 5404 definitely looks like one, do you know what oil it takes and its ideal rpm

Awesome thanks, Now doing a search for 5404 definitely looks like one, do you know what oil it takes and its ideal rpm
Well. If you ask a mako tech it runs great on Mako Blue. If you ask me I’d say it runs great on Chemlube 501 or 751, depending on whether you need 30 weight or 40 weight. What is your coldest ambient temperature?

In Manchester in the frozen north?

If you own this beast, you need to go to the Survival Air Systems website in Clute Texas and download the universal manual and the manual for this specific machine.

Well. If you ask a mako tech it runs great on Mako Blue. If you ask me I’d say it runs great on Chemlube 501 or 751, depending on whether you need 30 weight or 40 weight. What is your coldest ambient temperature?

In Manchester in the frozen north?
Guessing average temp in the garage would be 10c, looking at the spec of the 5404 this compressor appears to be running at a higher cfm could their be a different model that looks the same, it’s got a 11hp engine and it filled a 3lt cylinder from empty to 200 bar in 2min 30 seconds if my calculations are correct it puts it in 8.48 cfm, the 5404 is 5.6 cfm

On a somewhat related side question: I live in the frozen north, and I have a Poseidon compressor running on Poseidon (sure it is) 751 — mainly because that’s the oil that came with the compressor when I bought it. Is that the right choice? While I’m derailing, any suggestions for those of us in the frozen north who can’t run our compressor for months during the winter? At least, I assume I can’t run my compressor when it’s near or below freezing: I’m afraid the condensate would freeze and cause problems…

Guessing average temp in the garage would be 10c, looking at the spec of the 5404 this compressor appears to be running at a higher cfm could their be a different model that looks the same, it’s got a 11hp engine and it filled a 3lt cylinder from empty to 200 bar in 2min 30 seconds if my calculations are correct it puts it in 8.48 cfm, the 5404 is 5.6 cfm
I have a 5405 3 stage running on a 7.5 HP electric motor, making just over 8 CFM. The first stage head is a little different than yours. Maybe just a change over time.

I will slow it down and run it on a 5 Hp electric.

Back
Top Bottom