For Sale COMPLETE Sony RX100 Intermediate U/W Camera & Strobe System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rsingler

Scuba Instructor, Tinkerer in Brass
Staff member
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Interested in getting started with U/W photography, but put off by the cost? Consider starting with this system!

$3,800 New; for sale at $1,300, postage included (CONUS). Complete package only - not parting out. I'm just back from an Anilao muck diving trip, and I'm finally ready to consider moving up.

TWO Sony RX100 II cameras with SD cards, rechargeable batteries, spares and charger; Nauticam housing ($1400) (never flooded) with new battery for moisture alarm; swing-out wet macro lens; 2 Sea and Sea YS-D1 strobes (never flooded) with fiberoptic trigger cables & rechargeable batteries; tray with padded handles and 5" arms; 4 ball clamps; spare o-rings and o-ring removal tool.

No scratches on lenses; meticulously cared for.
Other folks have had issues with YS-D1 flooding - mine have never given me a bit of trouble (but I'm careful about removing the orings after a trip so they don't get compressed).

Sony RX100 advantage: 1 inch, 20 Megapixel CMOS sensor design means great low light capability with no noise. Add a red filter and get great natural light U/W photos! Great battery life! Have done two 70 min dives with ease.

Nauticam housing is indestructible. Macro lens on a hinge lets you switch from standard field of view to macro on the fly. Macro as close as two inches from subject.

Two-camera advantage: if you make a mistake with the o-ring and flood the housing, you are still in business with your backup after you switch in your spare o-ring. I've never had to use the second camera, and saved it for surface tourist photos.

Model II disadvantage: you must shoot manual with YS-D1 strobes. Other strobes may be able to take advantage of TTL metering. But frankly, that's been great training in aperture, shutter and ISO balance for differing effects.
And yes, Sony is up to RX100 model VII now, but that'd mean a whole new housing.

The ONLY things you'll need to add are rigid foam flotation blocks for the arms to balance it out, and a AA battery charger for the rechargeable AA's that come with the system. I'd recommend an extra set of rechargeable AA's as well.

Pics follow. If you're interested, DM me your email address, and I'll send you high resolution copies of these photos.

20241001_174101.jpg
20241001_174207.jpg
20241001_174238.jpg
20241001_174329.jpg
20241001_174420.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom