Complete Sony DSC RX100 Mark II setup, ready to shoot!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

benignor

Registered
Reaction score
I’m selling my RX100M2 setup, with everything needed for all kinds of underwater photography from macro to wide-angle. The entire package was purchased brand new from Backscatter in January 2014, and has been used on 3 trips, for a total of no more than 18 days of diving. Everything is still under warranty, and is in like-new condition. The only sign of wear is minimal lightening of the dark coat along the edges of the ultralight arms.

Included are the following:

- Recsea RX100 II underwater housing
- Sea & Sea YS-D1 Strobe Package
- UWL-04 Fisheye Lens
- Bluewater Macro Lens
- all necessary adapters
- Extra 8" Arm & Clamp, to be able to place the strobe far for true wide angle shooting (the UWL-04 provides really broad and sharp coverage)
The package above retails for $2,644 (see it at: Ultimate Recsea Sony RX100 II Package with Strobe and Wet Lenses | Bluewater Photo & Video).

In addition to the package, the following are included as well:
- Sony RX100 M2 camera (retail price $700)
- Quick adapt system, to allow for on-the-fly changing of wet lenses underwater, so one can go from shooting a tiny nudibranch to filling the frame with a 2,000 pound manta on the very same dive (retail price $160)
- Red filter for shallow water natural-light shooting (retail price $59)
- External battery charger and 2 extra batteries, more than enough for a full day and night of shooting without recharging (retail price about $120)
- 64 Gb type 10 memory card (retail price about $35).

The RX100 M2 has been righfully hailed as a major breakthrough in the compact camera arena both above and below water, largely due to its huge sensor packed into a point-and-shoot body. Here are some useful reviews:

Sony RX-100 review for underwater photography, including focus speed, wet lenses|Underwater Photography Guide
Underwater Camera Articles: Best Underwater Compact Cameras for 2014
Underwater Camera Articles: Best Underwater Compact Cameras for 2014

I also have a Sola 8000 modelling/focusing light, complete with hotshoe adapter for this rig, but it has barely seen any use at all - perhaps 5 night dives, so in principle I'm keeping it, but inquire if interested as part of the package.

This entire setup retails for about $3,718. Considering the barely used condition, I am asking $3,100. I accept payment by PayPal only. Inquiries from serious potential buyers only, please. Pics of the rig below, if interested sample pics taken with this setup are available on request.

WholeRig_MG_4545_1_small.jpgCameraInHousing_MG_4598_1_small.jpgFishEye_MG_4570_1_small.jpgMacroDIopterAndRefIlter_MG_4587_1_small.jpgStrobe_MG_4574_1_small.jpg

Hi, all:

I'm bringing down the price for this whole rig to $2,900. For motivation, I'm posting a few pics taken with this rig recently (2 wide angle, 2 macro).
DSC03417-1.jpgDSC03421-2.jpgDSC02448-3.jpgDSC02647.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom