Closed: SOLD- Complete near new Argonaut Kraken set-up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefrat

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all
Up for sale is a 2018 Argonaut Kraken double hose regulator in DIN complete with hoses, spare mushroom valves, weight rings, can cover, VDH Kraken backplate with near new DGX webbing and Hollis (mostly) hardware (see pictures). Just about everything needed apart from a few cambands.
Only been used a few times and in excellent condition throughout. Selling because I am just not getting to use it enough to justify having it!

I have not sold here on Scubaboard before and in the past used Ebay so I am wary of any scammers and guessing that you guys use Paypal for payment- that's OK with me.
Price is $450 firm for everything including shipping from Pompano Beach Florida via UPS to anywhere in US except Alaska and Hawaii.
I will be in Pompano FL next Saturday (17th Nov) and will ship then if it is sold in US, if not then I will be travelling to Perth Western Australia on vacation and could ship to an Australian buyer from there. Would back in FL again December 10th.
Cheers

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_6951[1].jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6951[1].jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 242
  • thumbnail_IMG_6957[1].jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6957[1].jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 236
  • thumbnail_IMG_6950[1].jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6950[1].jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 242
Why does it need a special backplate?

Store | Vintage Double Hose
All double hose regulators work best with the can of the reg positioned close to the divers back and ideally lower- between the shoulder blades is considered optimal. See the vintage double hose website and forum for more info.
The VDH backplate is designed to accommodate this but will also work with any type of reg.

The "vintage double hose back plate" is nothing more than a modern updated copy of the 1950s /1960s Sea Craft "Back Pack" Basic differences is a few more mounting holes to accommodate the modern tanks
Sea Craft which was located in Wilmington Mass was purcbsed by New England divers, both have now disappeared as diving manufactures.
Nothing new..

SDM .

An amazing deal, a hint about backplates, the VDH plate works with any reg type, I have used mine for travel where I want to travel light, I can pack everything needed for warm water into a dry bag that the tank bands hold making a backpack.

With the DIN Kraken you can use a spin on yoke adaptor to get the reg close to your back using a standard back plate or B/C as it will move the reg about and inch closer.

An amazing deal, a hint about backplates, the VDH plate works with any reg type, I have used mine for travel where I want to travel light, I can pack everything needed for warm water into a dry bag that the tank bands hold making a backpack.

With the DIN Kraken you can use a spin on yoke adaptor to get the reg close to your back using a standard back plate or B/C as it will move the reg about and inch closer.
Absolutely true regarding the DIN adaptor, I think the DIN/Yoke adaptor option is the best choice with this reg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom