Compass question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if a Scuba Pro FS-2 compass will fit in a Aqua Lung console. I am leaning towards the FS-2, but an Aqua Lung console and regulator...Thanks for any assistance...

I can't answer your specific question sorry, but have you considered a compass in a bungee mount hand mounted? It's a lot more ergonomic and IMO much easier to actually use.

I can't answer your specific question sorry, but have you considered a compass in a bungee mount hand mounted? It's a lot more ergonomic and IMO much easier to actually use.

Goof advice. I used a console mount compass for years, but went to wrist mountain t this year. Much happier and easier to use.

Using a bungee mount on the wrist is quite nice. The newer ScubaPro mounts have the holes, where as the older wrist mounts do not. If your does not here is a link to a website that sells them at a decent price - DeepSeaSupply - Product Detail. Don't forget to order some bungee if you don't have any - DeepSeaSupply - Product Detail

I much prefer hand mount to wrist mount as it requires no contortion, in fact no movement at all and I don't have to alter my swimming position, the compass is always pointing in the right direction. YMMV. Happy to post photos if anyone is interested or my explanation is unclear.

Besides being easier to use IMO a wrist mount compass won't get as much abuse as a console mount.
No matter how careful you are with a console it will get bumped, banged and occasionally dropped. None of that is good for a compass.

I much prefer hand mount to wrist mount as it requires no contortion, in fact no movement at all and I don't have to alter my swimming position, the compass is always pointing in the right direction. YMMV. Happy to post photos if anyone is interested or my explanation is unclear.
Yes please do. I have never heard of hand mounting a compass. I dive a lot in low vis and anything that makes navigation easier is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom