Comparing Southeast Florida Diving From Key Largo to Jupiter In Late July/Early August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DougieG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everyone,

My daughter and I are both PADI Rescue Divers. We usually take an international dive trip each summer, but with COVID-19, we are planning on staying in the USA this year.

I was hoping to get a good idea of southeast Florida diving in late July/early August, and how it varies from Key Largo to Miami to Fort Lauderdale to Pompano Beach to West Palm Beach to Jupiter.

Any information you could provide would really help us on deciding exactly where we would stay and dive for our upcoming trip to southeast Florida. Thanks in advance for the free advice!

DougieG

If you are willing to drive you can fly into Fort Lauderdale; dive Palm Beach, Boynton Beach, Fort Lauderdale for a few days and then head down to Key Largo or Looe Key for a couple of days there.
How long were you thinking of making your trip? That would dictate how much driving you want to do.

First that is in the middle of hurricane season, so be mindful that that can destroy diving conditions across the entire region, have back up plans of shore activities or head to someplace further away like Cave Country.

Purely my opinion, WPB/Jupiter is where I would go to see sea life like grouper and sharks. FLL and Pompano is mostly wreck diving. Key Largo to reef and wreck. But you need to be prepared to change plans due to weather, it is harder to do now with the reduced capacity but if one location is blown out others might not be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom