Comparing Plate Sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CWSWine

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Could someone compare the sizes of the DSS Pro-Fit Stainless Steel BackPlate, Large to say a DiveRite Plate? What is the length of and width of the DDS plate compared to the length and width of DiveRite?

Could someone compare the sizes of the DSS Pro-Fit Stainless Steel BackPlate, Large to say a DiveRite Plate? What is the length of and width of the DDS plate compared to the length and width of DiveRite?

The easiest way is for you tell me how tall you are. I can them make recommendation. I do this several times a day.

Do you have an issue with a particular plate?

Plate fit issues are not simply a matter of the overall dimensions of the plate.

When I buy a suit I let the tailor measure me and recommend a size.....

Tobin

I'm 6'2" and have a 31 inseam (long torso or short legs just depends how you look it) and I weight about 245. Normally dive 3 Mil or 7 mil Henderson with AL80 and soon to be some steel hp100 in the mix. I have always had a problem with heavy feet even with positive buoyant fins. Diving cold I normal use total of 16 to 18 lbs total and diving warm I use about 8 to 10lbs and diving ocean I use 16 to 18lbs that includes the weight of the plate in those figures.

I already own a long pattern DSS and really like it. Recently I went to Playa and on three different boats that plate was about 1 inch to long for the tank holders, there was other plates that fit with about 1 inch clearance, I realize that long patterns are about 2 inches long than a standard plate. I understand the large is shorter but not sure by how much. I have several trips back to the same place and don't want the hassle.

I'm 6'2" and have a 31 inseam (long torso or short legs just depends how you look it) and I weight about 245. Normally dive 3 Mil or 7 mil Henderson with AL80 and soon to be some steel hp100 in the mix. I have always had a problem with heavy feet even with positive buoyant fins. Diving cold I normal use total of 16 to 18 lbs total and diving warm I use about 8 to 10lbs and diving ocean I use 16 to 18lbs that includes the weight of the plate in those figures.

I already own a long pattern DSS and really like it. Recently I went to Playa and on three different boats that plate was about 1 inch to long for the tank holders, there was other plates that fit with about 1 inch clearance, I realize that long patterns are about 2 inches long than a standard plate. I understand the large is shorter but not sure by how much. I have several trips back to the same place and don't want the hassle.

First request I've had to fit a boat and not a body.:wink:

Your LP plate is 17.5 tall over all. A DSS "large" is 16" tall. Most "one size fits all" plates are 15.5 ~ 15.75" tall.

I'd *guess* the position of the cylinder relative to the plate would also impact how the rig fits into the tank holders.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom