For Sale Compact Olympus XZ2 Complete set up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TerrapinWetsuits

Registered
Reaction score
I took lessons from Cathy Church, who recommended this camera, even after the TG series had be available for quite some time. I flooded the housing a few times over the years, and bought new cameras on eBay (new old stock still available from eBay Japan). I'm getting out of UW Photography with it, so am selling the complete set-up. Included are:
- Olympus XZ-2 camera (this one is new, never used), including battery and charger
- Olympus housing for XZ-2
- Tray with one grip (could be right or left, but set up for left hand grip)
- Flexible arm with hot shoe fitting to hold an extra focus light or flashlight
- additional arms and ball connectors for external strobe (no strobe included)
- Kraken 3000 ring light, including battery and battery charger, and removal tool.
- Macro close up lens

This underwater camera set up is very compact and easy to use and hold. The camera has all the standard pre-sets that make Oly cameras so easy to use underwater, including a preset for underwater macro and another for underwater "wide" angle. You can shoot in complete automatic and never fiddle with f-stops or shutter speed, etc...

I tried several different lights over the years, and found that I got excellent macro and near (within 6') results with the ring light. The ring light has a red light setting that works for finding shy fish like mandarin goby fish, in twilight. It has a blue light for enhancing luminescent fish. It also has a fiber-optic connection port, so it can flash in sync with the camera flash for extra light. The macro close up lens is wet-mate, so can be installed or removed underwater as needed. It can also fit between the housing and the ring light, if you know you'll be in macro mode for most of the time.

The new camera on ebay ranges from $190-250, the Kraken 3000 is $300, the housing isn't currently on ebay but equivalent-aged ones are approx $50. Tray and arms are approx $100-150. Asking $475 for the total pkg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom