Compact flash cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really like these:
Amazon.com: Hoodman RAW 4 GB, 300x High Speed UDMA Compact Flash Memory Card, Supports up to 45MB per-second Transfers: Electronics

A little expensive, but very fast.
Couple it with a firewire 800 reader on a Mac and you wont believe how fast you can transfer 4 gb

I cannot speak to this brand, but definitely pay CLOSE attention to the write speed of both your camera and the card. The last camera that I had that was CF, I started taking my camera with me when I purchased the cards to try them for speed. Many places do not like this but when faced with a sale, I found a couple that went along. Even if it SHOULD write fast, that does not mean it will.

Once you find one that writes fast, do not worry about cost (within reason of course) because a slow card is worse than almost anything when you miss a great shot because it is still writing your last picture.

I have found that whatever card I use for underwater purpose it is always going to be fast enough because of the wait for the strobes to recycle.My strobes take 2-4 seconds to recycle and have never had a card bog down on me.I have used Sandisk,Lexar,Transcend and Delkin

Transcends are excellent value. I use them all the time.

I also use Lexar and SanDisk. I have no preference as they all work just fine and I don't notice any differences in speed despite having some expensive "fast" ones and some cheaper "normal" ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom